Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blogs are Dumb!


They really are, but I refuse to let that stop me. Welcome to the internet event of the year: the impromptu grand opening of my blog. I know. The name is dumb. The idea is dumb. The blog is dumb. If you're okay with that, read on.



First Things First: The Obligatory "About Me" Segment



This is my family.

My name is Mitchell. Since 2005, I have been married to a beautiful lady named Heather (if you're reading this [you probably aren't], I love you). In January of 2008 we were blessed with the birth of our son, Miles (if you're reading this [you definitely aren't], I love you too). We're a family...and nothing on earth is better than having the opportunity to share my life with them.



I am a worship-leader at a church in Warner Robins, GA. Meaning, I play "music" with a guitar; and "sing" a combination of words and notes, on a stage, in the front of the church. But really, my craft is simply trying to create a situation where people can have an experience with God...initiating a response to him in all of his goodness. I'm also a company-computer-guy. There's nothing really inspiring to say about that.



What are my hobbies, you ask? Dabbling, mostly. Two weekends ago, I put together a model X-Wing. A couple of months before that, I built a computer. Last week, I played "Forza Motorsport 2" on my XBOX 360. This week: I'm watching the Olympics ("USA! USA!"), and looking at motorcycles on the internet. Next week, who know what I will be into. I lead a very frantic and expensive life.



I'm a big fan of Jesus, family, politics, history, technology, sports, video games, and geeky pursuits.

I'm not a big fan of government programs, bad grammar, and sleep.

Last night, I watched National Geographic Insider (Inside a Cult), and Mythbusters.

This morning, I listened to talk radio, Coldplay, and an Erwin McManus message.

Last week, I read The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.



You get the idea. I want to experience everything. I want to know everything. I want to breathe in, breathe out, and truly live this life that I love.



Second Things Second: A Purpose Paragraph




This blog is both topical and pointless. I intend to write about nothing in particular, only all of the things that I think are important. But overall I hope to launch a conversation. I hope to better understand the world around me and the people that inhabit it. I have plenty to say, and plenty that I need to hear. So feel free to insert your opinion, and join in the exchange.



Third things Last: A Much Needed Conclusion




Thanks for stopping by! For more information about me, check me out on Facebook (how do I create a public link for my Facebook page?). For more about my music, see Myspace. But for a conversation about life, culture, politics, faith, family, etc. you are in the right place. Set this as your new homepage!!!

No comments: